The Key To Keeping German Roaches Away From Your Home In Oklahoma City
April 12, 2022
German cockroaches are a nightmare for Oklahoma City homeowners due to this pest's unhygienic and rather unsightly appearance. If you want to keep this pest away from your home, good cockroach control products and the best way to kill cockroaches – Oklahoma City pest control – are essential.
How To Differentiate German Cockroaches From Other Roaches
There are several different types of cockroaches in the Oklahoma City area, including the most troublesome species, the German cockroach. Cockroach identification is crucial so you can tell which types of cockroaches you are actively dealing with to craft effective elimination solutions.
The below identifiers can help you tell German cockroaches from the rest.
- German cockroaches are small and don't grow more than 16 mm long.
- This cockroach species is tannish to light brown and has two dark stripes running down its back. Adults have wings, though they rarely fly.
- German cockroaches prefer to live in warm, humid places close to food. You will most likely find them in kitchens or bathrooms.
How Are German Cockroaches Harmful To Your Health?
While many individuals know that any kind of cockroach in your home can be highly unhygienic, the specific dangers that German cockroaches can bring are especially hazardous to your health. Before entering your home, German cockroaches will walk through areas full of bacteria and pathogens such as sewers, dumpsters, and organic waste. They then enter your home, tracking these bacteria across surfaces and contaminating food storage areas; this increases your risk of contracting an illness such as cholera, food poisoning, dysentery, or salmonella.
German cockroaches are known to trigger allergy symptoms and cause respiratory issues. A protein in their shed skin creates these problems, and even those without asthma may start to experience asthma problems or breathing issues due to a major cockroach infestation.
It is essential to invest in cockroach control products via cockroach pest control in Oklahoma City to avoid the negative consequences of this pest. Reach out to Guaranteed Pest Service of Oklahoma for more advice.
How Can I Get Rid Of German Cockroaches?
If you want to get rid of German cockroaches, there are some steps you can take. First of all, putting proactive prevention into place can help decrease the size of an infestation or deter one from starting. We list some of these steps below.
- Seal up cockroach entry points around your home, including the cracks in windows, doors, and the foundation. Use window and door screens and door sweeps to ensure this pest stays out.
- Address moisture issues around your home to stop pools of water from attracting cockroaches.
- Make sure trash is disposed of promptly and seal any bags tightly. Store all leftover food properly and refrain from leaving out dirty dishes or food and drink spills, as the aroma attracts cockroaches.
- Clean up your yard and remove all debris. Keep the grass trimmed low to reduce outdoor cockroach hiding spots.
And if you have an ongoing infestation of cockroaches, you should immediately be reaching out to the best way to kill cockroaches – assistance from Guaranteed Pest Service of Oklahoma. The professionals will provide you with cockroach identification and targeted solutions to remove any cockroach problem you have to be free of this nightmare pest.