The Secret To Effective Ant Control In Oklahoma City, OK
September 10, 2021
Several types of ants are common in the Oklahoma City area. Although most of them are considered nuisance pests, some can be a hazard to your health and can cause property damage. Either way, you don't want any of these ants in your home:
- Carpenter ants are considered dangerous because they can tunnel through a building's structure, chewing away at wood to create galleries and nests. They are ½ to 5/8 of an inch and are usually black, but may also be reddish.
- Red imported fire ants are another dangerous species because they are aggressive and attack anything threatening them. They are also an invasive species, which puts a strain on the ecosystem. Red imported fire ants are reddish-brown and between 1/8 to ¼ of an inch long.
- Sugar ants are tiny, only growing to ½ mm in length. They have a dark head with a lighter-colored body.
- Pavement ants are commonly found nesting in sidewalks, pavement, and cement cracks. They are brown to black and are about 1/16 of an inch in length.
No matter what ant species you are dealing with, getting rid of an infestation once this pest has entered your home can be challenging.
Why It Is Difficult To Get Rid Of An Ant Infestation
At first sight of ants in a home, most people's reaction is to go to the store and buy sprays, baits, and traps to get rid of the unwanted pests. And although you might see some success when you first start spraying, these store-bought products can make an infestation worse. Plus, if misused, these products can pose a severe health risk to people.
When it comes to an ant infestation, spraying or placing traps only treats the surface of the problem. Several factors determine what getting rid of an infestation successfully will consist of. These are:
- Size of the colony
- Location of the colony nest
- Species of the ants
- Entry points that are being used\
- Factors that are attracting ants in the first place
Don't waste time, money, or stress by trying to do it yourself. Instead, let the professionals can get the job done effectively.
Guaranteed Pest Service Of Oklahoma's Ant Control Program
In Oklahoma City, you can count on the Guaranteed Pest Service of Oklahoma to eradicate ants from your home. Out ant control program consists of the following:
- A thorough inspection will assess the infestation and where activity is taking place.
- Using our inspection findings, we will discuss treatment options with you and develop a customizable plan to fit your needs and budget.
- Your plan may include spraying the home with pet and kid-friendly insecticides.
- Application of a preventative spray solution at entry points.
- Bait placement in strategic locations.
So, if you see signs of an ant infestation, contact us at Guaranteed Pest Service Of Oklahoma. You'll receive an ant-free guarantee between services with our recurring ant services or a 30-day warranty for a one-time ant control treatment. Call us today to find out more!
Ant Prevention Tips From Professionals
Ant prevention can be a difficult task, but with these few prevention tips and Guaranteed Pest Service Of Oklahoma's ongoing ant control assistance, you can keep them away. Our experts recommend:
- Sealing any cracks and holes in the foundation or exterior walls
- Seal crevices in the pavement around your property
- Use soil as a barrier around your home's foundation
- Seal spaces and gaps around utility lines and pipes entering your home
- Cover any open vents
- Vacuum, sweep, and wipe down surfaces regularly
- Remove any standing water from your property
For more tips and information, contact the experts at Guaranteed Pest Service Of Oklahoma.